The Effortless Way of Nondual Presence
By Peter Fenner
March 9 to December 8, 2013 in Melbourne, Australia.
The Radiant Mind Course is designed for people who are interested in taking responsibility for their own happiness and making a powerful contribution to their friends, families and professional communities. Participants in the course come from a wide range of backgrounds; psychologists, psychotherapists, somatic therapists, managers, teachers, writers, and so on.
We have discovered that the learning of all participants is enhanced by bringing together people from a range of personal, professional and cultural backgrounds. We invite you to join this unique learning community.
This 9-month Course is thoroughly experiential. It is designed to give you a new perspective that will translate directly into the quality and richness of your personal and professional life.
The unconditioned mind is pure, unlimited and beyond all ego identification. When we rest in the unconditioned mind we become a boundless source of love, wisdom and joy; our entire existence is suffused with intimacy, peace, energy, bliss, and deep creative insight.
The conditioned mind thinks, gets confused, has preferences and experiences pleasure and pain. In Buddhism, the experience of the unconditioned mind is called the ultimate medicine because it is the only lasting solution to the experience of lack and inadequacy.
Radiant Mind is the result of 40 years of research and practice in integrating the liberating wisdom of Asia’s most refined spiritual traditions with Western forms of therapy and healing.
The Radiant Mind Course works at the result level of the unconditioned mind: identifying the experience of the unconditioned mind, deepening this experience and studying exactly what moves you in and out of this non-dual experience.
Structure of the Course
There are three 3-day workshops in Melbourne, Australia.
In the opening workshop you will…
- create a sense of community and develop a common focus.
- be introduced to the structure of the course.
- be introduced to the experience of the unconditioned mind.
In the mid-course and completing workshops you will…
- deepen your understanding of non-dual presence.
- continue to gain skills in resting in the unconditioned mind.
- be given opportunities to facilitate this work.
Every two or three weeks you will receive an essay (in English, German or French) which will…
- introduce you to the distinctions and practices that you’ll work with over the next weeks.
- open up new possibilities for living fully in the moment and new ways for accessing the unconditioned mind.
- give you reference material through which you can refresh your experience of the unconditioned mind.
You will also receive a set of 48 experiential exercises (in English, German or French) designed to…
- deepen your understanding of your conditioning.
- make your mind more pliable and less fixated.
- lead you into the unconditioned mind by dissolving your fixations.
This dimension of the course will help you…
- design a contemplative practice that suits your lifestyle.
- refine, enhance or re-invigorate your existing practice.
- not conflict with other practices.
- let you experience shared meditation while connected by phone.
- help you to deconstruct each other’s identifications.
- work with natural koans: questions like “What is this?”, “Where am I?”, “Am I moving forwards or backwards?”, “Am I moving at all?”, “Who am I?”
- explore how natural koans can be used to enter and stabilize the experience of unstructured awareness.
- learn to use koans to let your mind dissolve into the infinite expanse of unconditioned awareness.
You will receive ten 30-minute one-on-one telephone sessions, during which you will…
- receive personalized and focused coaching in the issues you’re dealing with, and in the practices of the course.
- have the opportunity to work with concerns of a more personal nature.
- practice skills in facilitating this work with others.
You will also participate in 10 conference call with other members of your learning group and the instructor. Here you will…
- continue the work we opened up in the workshops. clarify questions and queries that arise in the experiential exercises.
- create a shared and nourishing contemplative environment.
- experience the unconditioned mind in a globally dispersed setting.
- give you opportunities to explore non-dual deconstruction.
- Workshop 1: March 9-11, 2013
- Workshop 2: July 26-28, 2013
- Workshop 3: December 6-8, 2013
Workshops begin at 9.30 am of first day, ends at 5.00 pm and ends at 3.30 pm on the last day.
- Early Bird registration: AUS$2250* if paid in full before Jan. 27th
- AUS$2450* if paid on or after Jan. 27th
- AUS$1850* full-time student fee
GST included in all fees
*AUS$250 will be deducted from tuition if you participate in a weekend introduction with Peter Fenner in January 2013, TBA.
The fee doesn’t include meals or accommodation.
Ph.D., a leader in the Western adaptation of Buddhist wisdom, was a celibate monk in the Tibetan Buddhist traditions for nine years. He has a Ph.D. in Mahayana Buddhism and has taught at Universities in Australia and USA. He is the founder and director of the Center for Timeless Wisdom. Peters way of teaching non-dual therapy is known for its deconstruction of all fixed frames of reference that block entry to unconditioned mind, and for the purity and depth of natural, uncontrived silence that emerges in his work.
For information and registration, please contact Michael Anderson.
The Radiant Mind Course in the US or in Europe
From now on, Peter Fenner, Ph.D. only offers one Radiant Mind Course by year.
In 2012, the Course was offered both in Europe (Munich, Germany) and in the US, (Portland, OR). Previously the Radiant Mind Course has been offered in San Francisco, Berkeley, New York, and in Canada, Germany, France and Switzerland. Sign up for Timeless Wisdom newsletter to learn about the next Radiant Mind Course.